Amprobe AT-5005 Professional Underground Cable and Pipe Locator System W/ A-Frame kitManufacture: Amprobe
Manufacturer Part Number: 3475740
Product Description: Buried Utilities represent a major challenge to electricians who need to trace and trouble shoot such systems. They also represent a hazard to excavation crews. Improperly performed digging can cause cable or pipe damage resulting in personal injury, costly repairs and penalties. This product is faster and more accurate than whats available on the market today The AT-5005 features A-Frame attachment to pinpoint cable ground faults in non-destructive way. The optional Pipe Transmitter allows tracing and locating of non-metallic pipes.
Using superior design and powerful software, the AT-5005 offers several new performance features, establishing them as the new standard for locating and pinpointing faults in the underground systems. Distance sensitive Left / Right indication guides the user to the exact location of the buried utilities which saves time and effort not available on standard locators.
The Signal Select and Distortion Alert provide superior accuracy by visually indicating a clean signal of the traced line, versus ghost and return path of false signals coming from the neighboring lines, and keeping the user on the target line.
The core of the AT-5005 Utility Locating Systems is the ergonomically designed handheld receiver. Designed for comfort, the lightweight receiver is balanced for all day use. The receivers bright color display is complete with intuitive, easily read graphics that can be viewed in all lighting conditions.
- Locates underground energized and de-energized wires, cables and pipes, eliminates exploratory digging in parking lots or under floors for buried pipes and wires
- New technology makes tracing much faster, accurate and unambiguous when compared to standard locators:
- Signal Select and Distortion Alert icon indicates clean signal of the traced line, versus ghost and return path signals coming from the neighboring lines
- Forward-looking Guidance Coil alerts for bends and T
- Distance Sensitive Left / Right Guidance guides the user to the exact location of the buried utilities and eliminates blind searches for the line
- Three testing modes for best accuracy:
- Passive Power Mode (50, 60, 100 and 120 Hz) tracing energized lines conducting current
- Passive Radio Mode (RF) using surrounding radio waves to traceunderground object
- Active Mode - T-5000 signal generator with broad frequency selection between 491 Hz and 166 kHz with induction mode or directly connected to the cable with test leads or optional clamp
- Active Mode Depth measurement up to 20 (6m)
- Bright Color 1/4 VGA receiver graphical display and audible signal indicators provide clear reading to the user
- Strong testing signal generated by 10 Watt variable output transmitter for dependable depth and distance locating
- Powerful Digital Signal Processing in both receiver and transmitter provides outstanding performance in tracing when compared to analog devices
- Automatic or manual gain mode allows respectively quick and easy tracing of the line or precise pinpointing of the fault
- Receiver Bluetooth wireless communication for downloading relevant images and archiving of meaningful digital information (previous survey results)
- Ground Fault Locating with A-Frame adapter for power and telecom cables (optional for AT-5000)
- Precise pinpointing of buried services and exceptionally fast sound and meter response
- Rugged durable construction, weatherproof and drop resistant to 3
- Includes receiver (R-5000), transmitter (T-5000), connection cable, ground stake, ground cable, and carrying case and A-Frame
- Battery Life: R-5000 30 hours continuous, T-5000 6 12 hours continuous use, depending on power level and line conditions
- Weight: R-5000 4.9 lb (2.2 kg), T-5000 8.24 lbs. (3.7 kg)
- Safety: CAT III, N10104, CE
Part Number: AT-5005